Guys. I kid you not. This veganized fettuccini alfredo tastes like legit, dairy fettucini alfredo. It’s thick & creamy & SO DANG GOOD. I swear, a non-vegan would never know that this was vegan. I’m 99.9% sure of it. I’m not even going to take more time to get into the recipe because I am so excited for you to make this and report back to me!
- 1 package of extra firm tofu (14oz)
- 1 cup unsweetened flavorless almond milk
- 2 T nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 package fettuccini or linguini noodles
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 t cornstarch
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Boil pasta noodles as directed.
- Add tofu, almond milk, nutritional yeast, and dried basil to a blender. Blend until it reaches a smooth, creamy texture. It will be a little bit runny. Add salt and pepper to taste. I used about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Add olive oil to a skillet, then add cremini mushrooms and sweet onion. Sauté until tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Drain pasta noodles and keep them removed from the pot. Transfer your mushroom and onion mixture to the pot your pasta was in & add your alfredo sauce from the blender. Add 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix it in. Set the temperature on low, cover the pot with its lid, and let simmer for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring at every minute mark.
- One the sauce is ready, add the pasta noodles and stir it all together. Serve immediately.