Ahhh, parmesan cheese. Or as my family called it when I was younger…”stinky cheese.”
The perfect topping for all the best carby foods. Pasta, french fries, bread. Yes.
The good news? Vegan parmesan is so easy to make, and pretty healthy to boot!
Use this recipe on:
- Garlic fries
- Garlic bread
- Roasted vegetables
- Mac & “cheese” bakes
- Baked tofu
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Measure cashews into a food processor or a blender and pulse until cashews are finely chopped into a size & texture similar to parmesan cheese.
- Place cashew crumbles into a small mixing bowl and add nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Mix well with a fork, getting any clumps out.
- Save in an airtight mason jar. Keep refrigerated.