Yallllllllllllll, this recipe is unreal.
I actually cannot believe that it only takes 4 ingredients (minus salt & peppa) to make this….
i’ve been trying to prepare for the holidays by testing traditional holiday recipes, but of course, veganizing them. aka, making them sooooo muuuuuch beetteeeeerrrrr.
So, creamed corn isn’t technically a traditional holiday food, but….it can be. It will be in my house from now on. It’s just so creamy & savory & sweet & not good for you. Which is what we all want in a holiday side dish, u kno u agree.
Okay let’s eat corn!!!!!
- 1 bag frozen corn (1 lb)
- 1 8-oz. container vegan cream cheese (I used Trader Joe’s brand, but Tofutti, Daiya, or anything you can find at your local grocery store will work fine)
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- dash garlic powder (about 1/8 tsp)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour 1/2 cup dairy free milk into a medium-sized pot.
- Add in entire bag of frozen corn. Stir together on medium-high heat until corn starts to thaw and become warm.
- Once corn is warmed up, add in entire package of vegan cream cheese. Mix together.
- Keep the heat on medium-high, and stir constantly, letting the mixture thicken up as the dairy free milk evaporates.
- Once mixture reaches desired consistency (thicccccc), add spices to taste.
- Serve immediately!