I’m comin’ at ya today with a super ~fall~ recipe.
Yes, it looks like mac’n’cheese.
No, it not a vegan mac’n’cheese.
Yes, it’s super creamy and savory.
and YEESSSSSSS IT’S DELICIOUS and super simple!
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced
- 1 cup unsweetened unflavored plant-based milk (I use almond)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or any oil)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Vegan sausage (I added Tofurky’s Italian Sausage)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees farenheit. Dice the butternut squash and onion, and coat with olive oil and some salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until outside edges are golden browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Boil the pasta and cook to al dente.
- Put butternut squash & onions in a blender along with all of the spices and milk, and blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce mixture into pasta and mix well. Add vegan butter and stir until melted and mixed in. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Add vegan sausage.